A quid short ....

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Roboframer

A quid short ....

Post by Roboframer »

Went to the Co-op today (just a few doors down from our place) for some kitchen rolls and some bottled water - knew I had around ten quid in my pockets.

Ended up at the checkout with a bit more than I went in for, but reckoned on about eight or nine quid; it all came to £11.05 though. Fished a fiver out of my left pocket, along with some coins which made it up to around eight - right pocket - jingle jingle past my keys, up to just over £9 now.

Got to be more in the depths - so, pull out my keys, a few tissues, a tape measure and some scribbled notes - plonked them on the counter - found some more change but could only make £10.05 - DAMN!!!

"OK - 2 minutes, sorry" - started stuffing everything back in my pockets and then spotted some paper by my right foot - must've pulled it out of my pocket with my keys. Bent down, picked it up, it's a till receipt wrapped around a fiver - WAHAY!!

Walking back I thought "hang about, these pants were clean on today - haven't been anywhere to spend anything ......................................."

Wasn't my till receipt - was from a shop I've never set foot in!
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Re: A quid short ....

Post by Keith Hewitt »

Robo,

Finish the story ......... :lol:
We are all dying to know ... :?:
You took the fiver back :clap:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
:head: :Slap:
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
prospero

Post by prospero »

Clearly a case of the sun shining on the righteous. :D

Or maybe the devil looking after his own. :evil:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I went back to the co-op and told the checkout person what had happened and said that if anyone came in asking if anyone had found a fiver to send them to us. I put a fiver in one of our charity boxes.