Site announcements
Problems/suggestions/Questions
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Forum email notifications

Post by John »

There have been several reports from members who are not receiving forum email notifications even though their accounts have been correctly set up to be notified of events such as new posts in watched topics, receipt of PM's , etc.

One thing that these members have in common is a btinternet address, so it seems likely that BT is blocking email traffic generated by the forum.

Extensive searching has not found the forum domain or IP address to be on any black list, so it is unclear why our emails are being blocked.

If you are experiencing this problem the best cure for now is to use an alternative email address for forum notifications.

To change your email address:
In your User Control Panel click Profile, then Edit Account Settings where you can enter your email address, then enter it again to confirm.
silvercleave
Organisation: thought I was
Interests: Working to put food on table

Re: Forum email notifications

Post by silvercleave »

Could I just add to this that I have BTinternet.com and have had trouble over the past few weeks with it not downloading into weblive, it could be due to BT going from yahoo to another server.

I am unable to download emails after 9pm

Hope this might help, but it is BT :lol:
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Alternative solution

Post by John »

You could try whitelisting emails generated by the forum to your BT account by following the this sequence:
  1. Go to http://bt.yahoo.com and log in to your email account. (This is necessary even if you normally access your email via Outlook or another email program)
  2. Click the ‘Mail’ button, then ‘Options – Mail Options’ (top left of screen)
  3. Select 'Filters' from the left side of the page and click "Create or edit filters"
  4. On the Filters page, select "Add"
  5. Give the filter a name like ‘Framers Forum’
  6. In the ‘Sender’ area, choose ‘Contains’ and enter @theframersforum.com
  7. Check that ‘Then deliver the email to the following folder is set to ‘Inbox’ This tells BT Yahoo! to put email from @theframersforum.com in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
  8. Click the ‘Save’ button