Delete Cookies Button - Bottom right of the screen.

Site announcements
Problems/suggestions/Questions
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Delete Cookies Button - Bottom right of the screen.

Post by Justintime »

So am I the only one that just found the "Delete Cookies" button at the bottom of the screen. Is that normal in Forums??
I've been cleaning my cookie cache on my browser, as I thought John suggested, but have still been thrown off every time I reply to a post.
I was about to give up on the group, but lucky for you all, I found the magic button... :dance:
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Delete Cookies Button - Bottom right of the screen.

Post by John »

Don't feel bad Justintime, there are lots of folk who discover even quite obvious website features late in the day. It is easily done, specially when a link is stuck away in the bottom corner of the page.

You embarrass me with your complements though, I'm sure the other websites to which you refer to would have also given the same advice in the same circumstances. They too would have known that the "Delete Cookies" button would have been ineffectual at clearing the browser history and dealing with the cookies that were made by a previous generation of the forum software.

After following the directions that removed the old junk that it was not designed to handle, the "Delete Cookies" button now works as it should.

You're welcome. :cool:
cleaver
Organisation: Satriale's Pork Store
Interests: .

Re: Delete Cookies Button - Bottom right of the screen.

Post by cleaver »

Slightly off topic, but I found ticking the 'keep me signed in' box at log in has solved all the issues I've had (getting signed out even when on the forum, my replies getting wiped when I go to post them, etc.).

Strongly recommend it to anyone who hasn't do it.

(In best Hannibal Lecter voice) loving your work, John. :clap: