Do the best you can.

Conservation Issues
An Old Master

Do the best you can.

Post by An Old Master »

I had a framing course pupil from Lagos, Nigeria many years ago - and she had access to very little in terms of framing raw materials, let alone conservation stuff. Working round that and achieving the best results with what she could get was a lifetime eye opener for me and something I'll never forget. MDF - not a chance, let alone 2mm. If you're out there Linda - lots of love.
prospero

Re: Do the best you can.

Post by prospero »

Big demand for shinny frames in Nigeria. Especially from the clergy. :clap:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
An Old Master

Post by An Old Master »

Sorry Pete, over me head that one.
prospero

Post by prospero »

There has been more than a few ongoing spam campaigns from mostly Nigerian origins where framers (mostly US based) will get and order for frames by e-mail. The trick is that they pay upfront with a dodgy credit card and pay a bit extra. This extra will be paid on to a 'shipping agent'. So the framer takes the payment, passes on the extra cash. After a few weeks the cc is found to be stolen and the payment is reversed by the bank.

But these are very easily spotted because of the strange language and phrasing. And there was a rash of ordering 'shinny' aluminium frames. And in an attempt to add a bit of gravitas they tend towards calling themselves the Rev somethingorother and they are buying for their church.

The latest one doing the rounds is from Elvis Barton. :lol:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

There are websites dedicated to wasting these scammers' time that give hilarious results like this .....
wayne kerr.jpg
wayne kerr.jpg (4.99 KiB) Viewed 8821 times
An Old Master

Post by An Old Master »

I'm pretty certain Linda's not involved, just in case she's reading this.