Circles of Delight

Share your CMC experiences.
Or seek help and advice
span2iels
Organisation: Harlequin Frames
Interests: Rugby Union, Bridge, allotment.

Circles of Delight

Post by span2iels »

For those Valiani users who do not have a copy of Art Business Today or have not read the above article it is on my web site www.harlequin-frames.co.uk under articles. The copy on the web-site is the un-editored version and should anyone have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

MalR
markw

Re: Circles of Delight

Post by markw »

Mal - thanks for the link to a very good article on your experience of designing a multiple circle mount.

The design works well for the textile and your experience of designing using the Future Mat Designer is very familiar - as with most users you have found that Coreldraw can be a much more versatile design tool when it comes to difficult shapes. I would comment that your shape design looks from the illustrations to be a little imbalanced in places with the shapes varying in distance - particularly the distance from the circles at top and left of the textile. One way you could have got around this would be to have scanned the textile as a bitmap then have traced it in coreldraw to give you an accurate guide for shape placement.

You will find that many of us Valiani users have a wealth of background knowledge that we freely share with one another on a daily basis - whether it be machine maintenance or design queries.

(Trace feature changes over versions - it was Corel trace in early versions and was separate from the main program - its now within the main drawing program on X4 - but having the older Valiani I keep to Coreldraw versions under V10 as the plt conversion is more reliable. Merlin is the expert on plt conversion and could advise on the best version for the latest software).