Valiani Cuts 3.5mm Mountboard

Upload/download patterns, templates, designs.
span2iels
Organisation: Harlequin Frames
Interests: Rugby Union, Bridge, allotment.

Valiani Cuts 3.5mm Mountboard

Post by span2iels »

At the Spring Fair there was some questions regarding the cutting of Arqadia's thick board. Recently I have been cutting 3.5mm Arqadia board with ease. I have attached an example cut showing the Valiani name in Italian colours, my machine is a Supreme but the Mat Pro will produce just as good results. The green and red mountboard is the standard Arqadia 1.4mm board, the ivory is 3.5mm board. All cuts were made from the back, i.e. with the face down, using the blue head. The depth setting for the 3.5mm board was 28 increments and for the 1.4mm board 7 increments on the depth adjustment dial. The resulting name is superb the cuts are clean and crisp and the use of the 3.5mm board really makes the name stand out. I have been using the 3.5mm board and thicker for some time and have just finished four originals with triple mounts with the 3.5mm board as the bottom mount, once seen many customers are asking for the same.
vALIANI CLOSE UP v.JPG
Valiani full name only.jpg
Valianai with head.JPG
Mal Reynolds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
markw

Re: Valiani Cuts 3.5mm Mountboard

Post by markw »

Thats gunnar take a lot of beating - even if you were a wizard.
span2iels
Organisation: Harlequin Frames
Interests: Rugby Union, Bridge, allotment.

Re: Valiani Cuts 3.5mm Mountboard

Post by span2iels »

Hey Mark - I occassionally wave a magic wand but not often!!!

Mal