Using Cove Box Designer With A Trucut CMC

Upload/download patterns, templates, designs.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Using Cove Box Designer With A Trucut CMC

Post by John »

The Coved Box Designer, Download here, can be used as a stand alone application to help with the layout of a manually cut coved box.

If you are fortunate enough to have a CMC, the designer can save the layout as a PLT file that may be read directly (or indirectly via CorelDraw), by your CMC software. I'll leave it to others to describe the steps necessary to cut a coved box on other brands of CMC, from the Cove.plt file that the designer creates, but here is a description of the steps required for the Trucut.

The application works best when run on the same computer where the Trucut software is installed. It also requires that the default Trucut file locations are used.
Specifically:
Main Directory - C:\Trucut
Mat File Directory - C:\Trucut\mat
User Design Directory - C:\Trucut\user

If the above criteria are met, the designer will detect the TruCut, and label the Save button as: Save TruCut Design - Cove.mat.

Step 1
Design your box, and click the Save button.

Step 2
File > Load > COVE.MAT

Step 3
Place the material face down on the cutting bed.
Click Cut

Now that these coved boxes are so easily made, we are using them more and more in situations where the framed object is not too heavy.

And of course there is the added bonus that our customers find them superior, much more elegant than the slab-sided appearance that stacked frames can sometimes have.
Graysalchemy

Re: Using Cove Box Designer With A Trucut CMC

Post by Graysalchemy »

Thanks John I will have a look at that when I have got 5 minutes :giggle: :giggle:
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Post by JohnMcafee »

No, it isn't freeware, it's pint-ware.

If you use the program and find it useful you're supposed to buy the author a pint the next time you see him.

Didn't you read the fine print? :)
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

:giggle: :giggle:

When I get to use it I will send you a bottle of the finest from the Alchemy Secret Brewery. Bitter, pale ale or Oatmeal Stout?