Updated Estlite not responding Help please!

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Vix

Updated Estlite not responding Help please!

Post by Vix »

Hi

I've just updated my version of estlite to 8.26 and have encountered a bit of a problem.

When I load the program, everything comes up on the screen as it should but I can not access any of the boxes or close the programme down. A message comes up with Estlite.exe not responding.

I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to technology sometimes so if any one can help it would be much appreciated.

My operating system is windows 7 by the way.

Thanks

Vix
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Updated Estlite not responding Help please!

Post by JohnMcafee »

Hi Vix, there seems to be an issue with installing the latest version of EstLite on Win7. Diagnosis is difficult as it is running flawlessly on all of our test machines, including one or more of XP, Vista, Win7, and Win8.

Two users have reported a problem on first install, and then, after the computer had been switched off and back on, EstLite ran (and continues to run) without any further issues. However a third user is unable to install in Win7 and has had to revert to a previous version of the program.

I am hoping that you followed the advice given and made a backup before proceeding with the update, so that if all else fails you will be able to do a clean install of a working copy of the program and restore your data from your backup.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Vix

Re: Updated Estlite not responding Help please!

Post by Vix »

Hi John

Thanks for the info.

I decided to see if a system restore would work - but to no avail.

It worked perfectly well after the initial install, as some users have also seem to have found, but after turning the computer off and then opening the program up the following day this is when the problem seemed to occur.

Fortunately I did back up, a lesson I learnt a long time ago! so it looks like i'll have to re-install and take it from there.

Many thanks for the help though.

Vix.