Demo version limitations?

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Hugh

Demo version limitations?

Post by Hugh »

In the demo version, quotes do not seem to be saved or able to be
recalled... is this only in the demo?

Hugh
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Hugh

The program you downloaded from our website is the full version. The only restriction is that you are unable to modify the business name.

Every time you print a docket the details are automatically saved to disk, and can be later recalled. Casual quotes (ones that do not lead to an actual framing job) do not get saved in this manner. So, if you do not actually print a job, it is not saved.

John
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Though I have not actually printed anything from it, I have called up print preview which seems to work only when it feels like it reporting an error (not to hand) is this also only in the demo?

Hugh
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Hugh,

Without the error message, it is hard to know what is going on here. However, I suspect that what you are getting are warnings that some detail is missing and needs to be entered before the docket can be printed.
For example, say a job has been priced which requires a mount. Before this job can be printed, the program will warn you that you have eglected to enter the mount colour or mount width in the DETAILS window. Hopefully, when all the necessary details are entered, the program will feel like printing the docket every time. If not please let me know (take a note of any error messages though).

John