Deleting a job

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
NizhoniFramer

Deleting a job

Post by NizhoniFramer »

Hello. I recently started using this program and so far everything is great. :D I do have one question though...how do I delete just one job from the history? In trying to teach the other workers at our gallery how to use the program, I have created a couple pretend "jobs" and cannot figure out how to delete them. When I went to the help section, under "Deleting All Jobs" it states to delete the Data folder from the Est Folder in my program Files. When I did this, a warning appeared stating something about "access address violation" (or something along those lines. So I put back the data folder and now I do not get the warning, but I am still left with the pretend jobs. Please help. Any suggestions?
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi NizhoniFramer,

There is no facility within the program to delete individual jobs. The theory here is that Estlite keeps a permanent record of the contract made between you and your customer.

The data stored will always be in agreement with the printed docket which you have issued to your customer. This wouldn't happen if the record could be changed.

It is possible to start from scratch by re-installing the program after first deleting the Data folder. Please close EstLite before trying to delete this folder, then re-install by running estsetup.exe.

Good luck,

John