Listing multiple jobs on an invoice

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
4 the trees

Listing multiple jobs on an invoice

Post by 4 the trees »

I want to create an invoice that lists multiple jobs to the same customer without using reams of paper! Can it be done in EstLite or do I have to use another programme? At the moment I can only get 3 jobs on one sheet of A4 but even then the invoice total appears on another page!

Garyjavascript:emoticon(':?')
Confused
Shortcuts get you nowhere.
The Long Way takes you Everywhere.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Sometimes three or more jobs fit on a single sheet, and sometimes not, it depends on the number of lines it takes to describe each job.

You can half your paper consumption by printing on A5 rather than A4 paper.
markw

Post by markw »

Get a printer that can print on both sides of the paper - check your current printer to see if has a duplex option - many new printers do - but you have to configure this as an option.

I tried the A5 route on my laser printer - with duplex unit attached. For some obscure reason it took twice as long to print A5 so I went back to a4. The other problem with using A5 is that unless you have a second paper tray your constantly changing paper back to A4 to print normal stuff.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

John, what is the maximum number of jobs one can have on a single EstLite customer order?
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Max number of jobs: 20
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

(Oops, she has her thinking cap on again.... :roll: )

Sarah showed me the A5 Order Confirmations printing at the Fair. Presumably for orders with larger job numbers, Estlite will automatically print continuation sheets? Also, can you swap between A4 and A5 order printing on the fly (assuming one had two printers, one loaded with A5 and one loaded with A4)?
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Yes, job dockets are printed on as many sheets as are necessary to print the complete job.

EstLite can output to any printer to which your computer has access, either local or remote.

Initially, all output is to the default printer. But, where relevant, a dialog is available that will redirect and configure printing as required. So it is possible, using these 'Print Setup' dialogs, to set up your system so that job dockets are printed on printer 1 (A4 or A5, your choice), the various reports printed on printer 2, and cash register output directed to the till-roll printer.

The the output configuration (paper size, orientation, etc) for each print task is 'remembered', so once set up, it is rarely necessary to make changes. But if needed, it is simple to change the printer setup at any point prior to issuing the 'Print' command.
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Thanks for that, John. Forgot to ask in the original question, can each job on an order have a multiple quantity, e.g.

- job 1: 3 black frames 8 x 10,
- job 2: 5 mahogany frames 10 x 12

(As you can probably guess, I'm trying to map my existing data model onto Estlite! :wink: )
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Yes, you can define the quantity for each job on the docket.
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Ace! Thanks, John! :D
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
daviddeer

Re: Listing multiple jobs on an invoice

Post by daviddeer »

4 the trees wrote:I want to create an invoice that lists multiple jobs to the same customer without using reams of paper! Can it be done in EstLite or do I have to use another programme? At the moment I can only get 3 jobs on one sheet of A4 but even then the invoice total appears on another page!

Garyjavascript:emoticon(':?')
Confused
You might also want to consider a program called fineprint website here it costs around £30. Scroll down to the fineprint link. It allows you to define the number of pages on each A4 sheet. I have used it for years to get several documents on paper. Although sometimes I need a magnifying glass to see the document!! The print is very clear even at 6 point text.
Giclee is just a term for a little squirt making lots of money
Remember conservation Framing is an art, for everything else there's Araldite