collected

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
markw

collected

Post by markw »

John - thanks for v5.24 - collected button will be very usefull - i wont now need to cross off a list - one minor point - when using full screen mode the collected tick box floats.

I will post my price lists for Ashworth & Thompson if any one would like them - it takes a fair amount of work to adjust the price structure as sent to me by A&T - I am sure that through this forum we can get some of the moulding suppliers to provide EST formated price lists - or we can just post our own versions - the advantage of the price list coming from suppliers would be that regular updates of out of stock mouldings could be downloaded to keep the list up to date - handy, if like me you use chop - telling your customer that they may have a long wait can relieve the frustration of disapointing them later.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the input.

The floating checkbox is now fixed. Download again and all will be well.

Can we provide a link to your website where other EstLite users can download the A+T price list? If you prefer, you can send me the list and we can make it available on the Resources page.

I have been thinking of approaching the major moulding suppliers to see if they would be willing to provide suitably formatted price lists for the benefit of their customers. Now that these lists can be easily dragged and dropped on to EstLite, updating the moulding price tables should be a breeze.

Take care,

John
markw

Post by markw »

John - I am awaiting an update from A&T as they have just added a number of new mouldings to price list - when i have this i will send you a copy to add to resources page. As i am sure you are aware its fairly easy to convert a suppliers list into a usable format - but persuading some suppliers to provide thier price list in digital format can be a problem - why? i am not sure. - When converting i just cut and paste the price column into notepad - same with product code - making sure that the relative positions in the columns stays constant, i then make sure that any decimal points in prices are removed and that an appropriate addition of 0 is present to allow for removal of decimal point - the latter can be tricky - and failure to get it right can lead to some alarming mispricing. i then rename the lists - cut and paste over existing. I always have a couple of quotes handy so that i can check the formating after replacing list. I have tried to get my suppliers to supply formatted list - i suspect if a number of us try they will see that there is an advantage on both sides to do a little work and provide a list.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Mark,

This latest release, 5.24, should make it a lot easier to update the moulding table. The program should now take care of all the formatting stuff (decimal point, spaces, upper case). It's just a matter of making the two files (name and price) by cutting and pasting from the supplier's price list, then dragging one or both of the files on to EstLite. You will then be offered the choice of either merging the new data into your existing price table, or replacing it completely. Merging is handy when you don't want to delete the pricing from other manufacturers contained in the table.

I am hoping that we will be able to convince the suppliers that providing moulding price lists in this format, as a service to their customers, is well worthwhile.

Take care,

John