Docket sequence

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Coxby
Organisation: Creative Picture Framing
Interests: Art

Docket sequence

Post by Coxby »

John, I am having difficulty in resequencing my docket numbers. The system I have been using uses the string: MMYY001 so job number 5 of Jan 2005 would be 0105005. I know it's probably not the best way of doing things but EstLite does not like me choosing a number less than the last docket number which was 1204032!! I have tried changing the next number but it either reverts back to what it was or changes to 9999999. Any help pls?
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

The docket numbers are strictly sequential, and while it is possible to skip forward in sequence EstLite resists any attempt to skip backward.

Imagine the problems that might arise if it were possible to give the same docket number to two (or more) jobs.

Since the date is printed on the docket, and is also saved and available on the History Screen, I'm not sure what benefit there is in using the docket number in this way.

The only system that EstLite would be happy with (apart from the normal incrementing sequence of course) is if you use the order YYYYMMxxx. That way you would never attempt to force the numbers to jump back as you cycle through the months going from year to year.

If you reach an impasse, email me and I will do everything I can to help.