V6.17

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
markw

V6.17

Post by markw »

John - well done - this has transformed the way I use Est - at a glance i can now see exactly whats happening 10/10.

Is it possible to resize the full screen window so that we can still see the explorer toolbar at the bottom of the screen - I jump from program to program and it would be nice not to have to close down the larger screens.
cmaclean
Organisation: Borderline Framing
Interests: Grand-children, Gardening, Walking, Technology

v6.17

Post by cmaclean »

markw
Tell me how you are using the colour banding, I've tried and failed. I like the idea but I can't make it work.
I'm using Win XP, hopefully there is nothing wrong with that!

Cheers from Aotearoa

Campbell :?
markw

Post by markw »

Hi Campbell
I am a very visualy driven person - rows of details do nothing for me - and thats not unusual - My history screen is used constantly to give me some idea of where i am - have I ordered the moulding in - is the moulding temporarily out of stock - is the order ready etc. I assign a colour using the drop down field above the job list (highlight) you must be active on the job you are highlighting - select the colour you have determined for a particular action - you should have a colour band appear across the active job. The effect is the same as a work progress board that you will find in most production offices - you can take comfort from big band of colour indicating all is going well - or you can instantly see that trouble is ahead because you havnt got the mouldings in. If you couple this with updates from your suppliers of moulding lists you should be able to accuratly predict delivery date problems - bottle necks etc - I have one colour for jobs that i know are going to take "more time" allowing me to plan that days work with this in mind.
cmaclean

Highlighting etc

Post by cmaclean »

Hi Mark
Thanks for your post. I am running version 6.17 but when I go into the history screen (Customer and Job view) I don't have the Highlight drop down tab as explained by you in either the customer or Job screen as shown in the Estlite Help Index. I only have the Find and Re-Use customer and the Find and Re-Use job respectively.
Maybe my set-up is different, but anyway if there is something else I should do to enable the colour highlighting please tell me.

Cheers

Campbell
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Campbell, it looks like you heven't enabled highlighting.

Do so in Options/Data.

Don't forget the F1 key, it will give you context sensitive help. So while in the History Screen hitting F1 will show help regarding that screen. You can click on many of the images in help to get further information.

John
cmaclean

highlighting

Post by cmaclean »

John
Thanks for the advice, all is well now.
Cheers