BBEstlite

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Nigel
Organisation: Frame-it-Rite
Interests: Picture Framing - reading - surfing the web

BBEstlite

Post by Nigel »

Hi,
I have been trying the BBestlite version which I find very good. I had been trying Estlite on another computer but since moving to Spain that has been in storage and I see the price has rocketed. Still the other version should suit my needs. I have though found a problem which I don´t understand.
On mountboard I have priced the 50 x 40 at 3.42 euros with the minium at 0.50 and the waste amount at 10%. I have worked this out manually and I make it 4.26 euros but with your software it comes out at 4.50 euros. I don´t see how.
If I double the size to 50 x 80 it the price should double but it comes out a bit less.
Can you tell me how to rectify this if at all?
Also as I am having to use internet cafes whilst in Spain until I can get a telephone line can I still register my copy. Do you send the code via email or is it a download
Regards
Nigel
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Nigel,

Spain???

We are all jealous, huddled here in the dead of winter!!

Using a board price of 3.42, a min of .50, and a waste of 10% Estlite yields a price of 4.60. The key to understanding the way the program caculates prices for sheet material is that the waste is applied to the dimensions and not the calculated area.

The calculated area in your example would be calculated thus: -
40+10% multiplied by 50+10%
or (40x1.10)x(50x1.10)
At 3.42per, this gives you a price of 4.14 to which is added the min yielding a final price of 4.64, or 4.60 when rounded.

Estlite rounds most prices to the nearest 10 pence/cents.

If Min is greater than zero, doubling the area will always yield less than double the price, as the area increases the Min which is added remains constant.

Registering the program will not be a problem, the key will be emailed to you.

Best wishes with your Spanish adventure,

John