Drag & drop

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
markw

Drag & drop

Post by markw »

John
Intrigued by the ability to now drag drop and merge price changes I thought i would have a go - new samples having arrived - with customers queing up to buy them. I get a copy of price list from my supplier in Excel format - i cut and paste price column / product code column into notepad - rename - drag and drop - then the problems arise.
will not accept renamed files as correct format . dat
so cut and paste into copy of blank dat file - accepts this as correct format, but will not accept floating point - the price on list is formatted £1.23 program uses format 123 - in the past i have removed the £ sign - this still leaves a problem with amounts smaller than £0.99 as it formats 099 so these have to be removed manually - can be very time consuming - so the ability to merge would be usefull. this leads me on to another point - if you merge how do you keep prices in sync with product codes.
to end on a positive note - finished button working well - very usefull. You failed to mention in your round up of updates that you have differentated between collected and uncollected jobs using bold type - simple and effective. :D
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Mark,

Perhaps I should have explained this Drag-And-Drop thing a bit better.

Before attempting to add/merge you must prepare two lists, stored in two separate text files, MOULDN.DAT which contains the moulding names/numbers, and MOULDV.DAT which contains the price of each moulding, listed in the same order as the names.

These two files must be in the same folder. It is only necessary to drag one of the files; the program will find the other one unaided.

The list of prices may have either integer (247) or decimal (2.47) values, but must NOT have a currency symbol (£, $, €, etc.).

Regarding the 0.99 being rendered 099, the leading zero should make no difference to the calculations, and should be regarded as equal by EstLite. But if you find this not to be the case, please let me know.

Take care,

John