Upgrading 6.17 to 7.0

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.

Upgrading 6.17 to 7.0

Post by Guest »

How do i upgrade from 6.17 to 7.0 while protecting all my data?

thanks
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

There are no special procedures to follow when upgrading EstLite. All data, prices, markups, and other settings are maintained.

If you want to be super-cautious you could copy your entire Est folder (C:\Program Files\Est) to a temporary location before you upgrade, that way you can recover everything in the event of a disaster.

If your EstLite computer has an internet connection, the easiest way to upgrade is to click on the Options button, then Check For Updates - the whole thing should be fairly painless.

If your EstLite computer does not have an internet connection then you must download the program from our site and transfer the file that you download (estsetup.exe) to your EstLite computer. Close EstLite before running estsetup.exe and v7.0 will be installed.
JonC

upgrade

Post by JonC »

Hi
Downloaded your upgrade to my main computer
(as you know Im already registered)
The new programme will not accept thge original reg no. so keep throwing me out .......On my laptop we use in the shop it updated ok
Whats the problem as I wish to install a larger static computer in the shop and dont feel like throwing in another £200 as I havent got the last version working properly yet
J Fuller
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi John,

If I understand your post correctly, you have the upgraded version working on your laptop.

The easiest way to register the program on any other computer (as many as you like), is to first run the most recent estsetup.exe on the new machine, then, from the laptop, copy the file C:\Program Files\Est\est.ini, and transfer it to the same location on the new machine.

If you do not understand the last paragh, show it to someone who does, and let them do it.

Not only will the new machine now have a fully registered copy of EstLite, it will also have all the settings that you have made in Options such as mount price, glass price, etc.

Remember, if there is any aspect of the program that you do not understand, we will be happy to talk you through it on the phone (028 9024 7878).

Now what was that about throwing in another £200?
JonC

update

Post by JonC »

Hi John
Sorry to say this but the latest version has caused a lot of "error" problems
it keeps coming up with a a data key "0" and cuts out.
I have trid it on both my laptops and my main pc
As I use the original programme all the time I have had to uninstall the update on all machines. Luckily I had a copy of the earlier version 6.2 which works fine. I think I will stick to that from now on. As we say " if it aint broke dont mend it"
regards John F