Pricing Inconsistencies

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
jay

Pricing Inconsistencies

Post by jay »

Hi John
I might be missing something obvious here but when I price up a job using the suppliers code I get a price of, let's say £93 (frame only) If I use my own code for that moulding it comes out at £70.50 and when I use the price code it is £107.70! Could you shed light on why this could be, or is this just a good way of adjusting prices to suit my customers. :giggle:
Also, while I'm here.......
Sometimes......well most of the time really, when I input a moulding code Estlite tells me that it is not in the mouldings table. I then have to open the "Stocked Mouldings" window, close it again (having done nothing in there!) then all is well, the moulding code is accepted. :? A bit of a pain when I have to do this several times while the customer is looking on and waiting.

Cheers
Jay
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Pricing Inconsistencies

Post by John »

When pricing from the supplier's list, the program derives the markup from the figures that you have entered in Options/Mouldings. And, if the supplier's list does not contain moulding widths, EstLite makes an 'educated' guess at the width based on the moulding's price.

When pricing from your table of stocked mouldings, you set the moulding width and the markup you require for each profile. Differences between these actual figures and those derived form the Options/Mouldings account for the discrepancies that you have noticed.

The 'Moulding Not Found' problem is usually caused by an error in one of the tables, either My or one of the suppliers'.

To tackle the problem, first ensure that your program is up to date (currently Ver7.50), make sure there are no blank rows in your moulding table, and that each moulding has minimally an entry in 'My Id', 'Price/m', and 'Markup'. Then click 'Stocked Only' in Options/Mouldings, and Save. Configured this way, the program will only have access to your own list of stocked mouldings. But if this eliminates the problem, it would indicate that the error exists in one of the supplier's lists, if not, then perhaps you could send me a copy of your table to see if I might be able to figure out what is going wrong.