Estlite Moulding Tables

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Ian Goodman
Organisation: Ian Goodman Photography
Interests: Chinese Cooking.
Playing with my Grandchildren
Photoshop Training with Maitland U3A

Estlite Moulding Tables

Post by Ian Goodman »

I have a problem with the moulding tables used by Estlite, after a lot oif experimenting with the format of these i am still unable to get a correct answer from Estlite regarding the price calculated.

The moulding tables are supplied in csv format and most moulding companies have these Estlite reads these tables and applies a pecentage increase on the wholesale price exept that my version of estlite 7.03 doe not come anywhere near the correct figure.
It is lower than I calculate on my trusty calculator even if the wastege factor is reduced to 0 I still cannot get Estlite to agree with my calculations.

This has been so frustrating that I have forgotten about this for the last few weeks and left the calculations to my calculator in lieu of Estlite.

I have emailed John about this but since then I thought it would be better to share this problem with you all so I do hope that you can share some light on this?

I look forward to sorting this problem out.

thank you
markw

Post by markw »

Ian - what do you mean by the correct figure - my correct figure will almost certainly be different to your correct figure. I have used EST for years - so remembering back to when I set it up is difficult - I have to say that with any pricing program there will always be some compramise on the figure the programme gives as opposed to a calculator - Est allows for more factors to be taken into consideration when calculating - the width of moulding - bigger frames lowering the overall calculation etc. perhaps the best way of tackling the problem would be for you to post an example.

I have never known John not go out of his way to resolve a problem - it may be that your not asking the right question!
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Ian, I hope that the emails I sent have fixed your problem.

You have highlighted a couple of areas which perhaps need to be emphasized.

Don't assume that a CSV file that a supplier has given you will have the right layout. Always check that the columns are in the correct order: -
NAME/ /PRICE/ /DESCRIPTION/ /MOULDING WIDTH(cm)/ /STATUS
Anything else, and you can expect garbage results, maybe even a crash.

The way to calculate the length of moulding required for a given frame is NOT just the inside perimeter (L+W)x2, you must also add 8 times the moulding width. So total length is (L+W)x2 + 8xMW.

The Minimum Frame Price is always added when calculating the price of the frame rim. (But only once in a multi-rim frame).

In order not to bewilder other forum users, please keep support questions in the support area of the forum - that way we keep the bewilderment amongst ourselves. :)