BBEst - Where have all my mouldings gone ???

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

BBEst - Where have all my mouldings gone ???

Post by Bagpuss »

My Workshop PC packed up yesterday, still unable to restore it :head:

I have been demoing BBEst over the last week and loaded up all my mouldings into it with numbers 1 to 141 , so far so good, unfortunately now I cant use the application but I was able to copy over the application to my laptop.

When I run BBEst on my laptop all the mouldings I loaded have gone, I can't work out where this information is stored on my faulty PC, I thought it was in program files/BBEst/Mouldings/my.csv but all I can see is the original one line test moulding ??

How can I tell where this information is held ? :sweating:

regards
Bgapuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: BBEst - Where have all my mouldings gone ???

Post by John »

You have not given enough information to determine where you went wrong. The OS could be a factor, for example Vista/Win7 will introduce all kinds of weirdness when a user writes files directly to the Program Files folder.

I'll be happy to help you to move your data from one machine to another, if you are online perhaps we could do a remote helpdesk hookup. Give me a call anytime: 028 9024 7878 ( business hours 08:00 - 16:00).
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

Sorry John, I thought I was just looking in the wrong directory, it's obviously more complex than that.
I'm using Vista on the Workshop PC, XP Pro on my laptop. I will give you a call tomorrow AM.

Thanks,
Adam
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

thanks for sorting my problem out this morning John, I have managed to retrieve all the missing mouldings I had set up, saved me an afternoon of punching them in again, that's for sure. :rock:

cheers,
Adam