BBEst - factoring in Liming and Waxing / finishing

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

BBEst - factoring in Liming and Waxing / finishing

Post by Bagpuss »

I haven't figured it out yet, can anyone tell me how best to account for the cost of waxing/liming a moulding , (ASH/10 for example) .

Should I just stick an amount in the "Other" field instead ?

Thanks,
B'Puss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Dermot

Re: BBEst - factoring in Liming and Waxing / finishing

Post by Dermot »

Create a code for example Ash/10/Wax/Lime and work out how much it would cost you to produce that moulding per meter including the raw moulding.

Really just the same as if you were buying in the moulding already waxed and limed in length.
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

Thanks for the swift reply Dermot, much appreciated. I was having a play with it before and I setup a dummy moulding called "Lime and Wax", gave it a price per metre and a markup as well. I then added this to the ASH/1 I had already selected , it seems to work fine. That way I don't have to setup equivalent mouldings (with lime/wax) for all my other bare woods, all I need to do is add the dummy code. :clap:

Thanks,
B'Puss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Uncle Sumo

Post by Uncle Sumo »

If you`re using Estlite, just add another option to the "Fix" drop-down menu under "Prices". You can add "wax" or "stain & wax" etc then simply use it when needed. It`s fast to set up and maybe alter the price over time. No need to do it for each bare wood moulding.

Happy Christmas
Sean
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

Thanks for the Top Tip Sean, I was hoping that Santa was going to get me an EstLite upgrade for Christmas, maybe next time ..... :lol: