Transfering Software from Desktop onto Laptop computer

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
deepictureman
Organisation: Godmanchester Picture Framing
Interests: DIY, Picture Framing, Landscape Gardening, charity work, Local Town Council,

Transfering Software from Desktop onto Laptop computer

Post by deepictureman »

John,

I spoke with you many months ago asking if it was possible to copy the Estlite software pricing programme that I had previously purchased from you for use on my Desktop computor on to my new Laptop computor so that I could take and use it in my workshop. After many unsucessful attempts I took it to a computor repair company who advised me that the procedure that you had given me would not work and that I would have to download the programme from the web again. Could you help me overcome this problem so that I can enjoy a more efficient way of processing my customer's requirements without the illogical 'pay for the software programme again' reply ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Dave
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Transfering Software from Desktop onto Laptop computer

Post by John »

Dave

Anyone with the ability to navigate around the Windows file system and who can copy files from one location to another should be able to transfer EstLite from computer to computer in about 10 minutes with all settings and data intact.

I am happy to help users with this type of activity, it is all part of the service. And there is no reason, that I can think of, why this (almost trivial) procedure should take months!

I'll talk you through it if you give me a ring (028 9024 7878) on Monday 4th January between 8:00am and 4:30pm.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Transfering Software from Desktop onto Laptop computer

Post by John »

There could be many reasons why we have had no response to the above offer of assistance, I hope it is because the matter has been resolved and that Dave is now enjoying full use of EstLite on his new laptop.