Moulding field length

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Ramkiter

Moulding field length

Post by Ramkiter »

Hi John,

I'm getting really into est lite & it's going well.

However I still get caught out on the amount of data I can enter on the moulding field.
For example If I have a double moulding (thats 10characters + 10 characters, and then enter finishing codes of L & R for liming & recessing) it all gets truncated to the field length so I can't retrieve all the data on the history and it doesn't show on the invoice.

Any chance you could lengthen the the moulding field to 30 or 35 characters?

Thanks,
Rob
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Rob,

I will have a look at this as one or two other users have made the same suggestion.

However, for your own convenience you should consider giving each of your stocked mouldings a brief name of your own. We have a very simple system, all finished mouldings are numbered starting with 1. The plain woods start with PW1. Gold slip - GS1. Gold fillet - GF1. You get the idea.

So each moulding has two identities, one supplied by the manufacturer used for re-ordering etc., and the other an easy to remember one of your own for internal use.

Adopting a system like this makes it is a breeze to price a multi-part frame, remember that the maximum number of rims in a single frame is five (we make 4 rimmers quite regularly). Even if the program could accomodate it, I certainly would not relish the task of having to input 5 lengthy reference numbers in order to price a job.
Ramkiter

Moulding field length

Post by Ramkiter »

Hi John,

It always seems very simple when you stand back & look at the problem from a different angle :roll:

Thanks,
Rob