Problem doing "Find" on previous Estlite customer

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Problem doing "Find" on previous Estlite customer

Post by Bagpuss »

Hi John,
I've found on a few occassions recently that when I input a new job for a returning customer and then try to do a "Find" on their surname, as it's already setup, I can't find it . I click on the arrows to scroll forward and backward but the surname hasn't appeared. I got round it this afternoon by going back to the main screen and then clicking on the "Details" button again but I've had some embarassing silences recently desperately trying to locate the returning customer :sweating: Any ideas what I might be doing wrong ?
Thanks,
Adam/Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Problem doing "Find" on previous Estlite customer

Post by JohnMcafee »

Hi Adam, the only thing that I can think of, apart from the possibility that the database was corrupted as the result of exploritary expiditions under the hood with a third party application such as Excel, is that name, either in the database or the search box begins with a space. Something that is very easy to miss.

Is the name correctly positioned in the 'History' screen? (Customers are sorted in SURNAME order)
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

I have just got back from holiday and had forgot about this posting, until it happened again this afternoon with a returning customer :Slap: I will follow this up as per your previous advice.
Thanks,
Adam/Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

Hi John,
I spotted the "Re-Index" button under Options - Data, is this something I should be running every now and then if I get problems searching for previous customers ? I've never run it before.

cheers
Adam/Bagpuss
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Post by JohnMcafee »

The re-index button is almost redundant as, since version 6.00, re-indexing is done automatically on start-up.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)