Pre-View Question

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Lemon_Drop

Pre-View Question

Post by Lemon_Drop »

Downloaded the software and just messing about with it. Does it work on a data base system only, because I seen a photo where the image to be framed is on the table plus the mount and moulding chevrons, and I presume the software uses one corner and adds it all around the image? Maybe I'm missing something, I used Canon Capture to acquire the image as I was getting an error code with Pre-View, Still it looks really good. The adding moulding samples is easy to use. The drag and drop from file onto the desktop is good. I did not try the mount board colour section yet, but it looks like you cant take a picture and then add it to the data base, just works on sliders to alter colours. Maybe Mount Board manufactures will get on board and release the full range of colours just like some of the moulding wholesalers have done with BBEst. During the time I have used it, I worked mostly using the get image from file section, I did not use the camera that much at all. My first impressions of the software are that it looks great and is well worth the money. Now to write a letter to the guy with the white beard and red clothes. :lol:
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Lemon_Drop,

Thanks for the feedback.

When it comes to rendering the frame, Pre-View can either capture the moulding images 'on the fly' by photographing the moulding sample at the same time as the image to be framed, or by re-calling the moulding image from a database.

Using the database, the visualisation is virtually instant and very impressive to your customer. So we recommend capturing your mouldings in advance, it takes about half day or so to capture 100-150 mouldings.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems remotely controlling the camera. What model is it? Just a couple of notes here: The camera must be in picture-view mode rather than picture-taking mode. And you should disable the auto-power-down function on the camera.

The way that we captured the mount colours was to lay all of our mount samples down and photograph the lot in one shot. Then in Mount List/Edit use Pick From Screen to sample a mount colour, but before saving, use the colour adjust sliders to give you an on-screen match to the actual mount sample. This process is quite speedy and reasonably accurate once you get the hang of it, so I'm not as bothered about getting digital samples from the mountboard suppliers as the moulding suppliers. (So far only Arqadia is on board, but others are working on it.)

If you would like to have a chat about any of this, please give me a call 048 9024 7878 (from Waterford)