standard sizes

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
worriedwizard

standard sizes

Post by worriedwizard »

can only one help please, I buy my glass, mount board ect at a size larger than the size in the pricing page (40 x 50 cm) how do I convert the size I buy, which is 120 x 81.5 cm down to 40 x 50 cm, so when I enter a size of lets say 120 x 81.5 I get the price I paid, if this makes sense!!!!!!! :roll:
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi worriedwizard,

I'm not sure that I completely understand your question, but perhaps the following will be of help.

The price of glass etc is based on a direct ratio to the figures you enter for the 40 x 50 size. So that 80 x 50 would yield a price twice that of 40 x 50, as the square area of the material is exactly double. If you set zero waste and zero minimum price in your options (and press Save), you will see that this relationship holds true when you enter dimensions in the main screen, and also that when you enter a length and width of 40 x 50 the price returned is exactly the figure you entered in Options for the material.

However, in the real world you don't want the price to approach zero when the size is very small, so the min price is used to prevent this from happening. And the waste percent is applied to each dimension in order to allow for wastage.