A suggestion

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
cmaclean
Organisation: Borderline Framing
Interests: Grand-children, Gardening, Walking, Technology

A suggestion

Post by cmaclean »

When I compile a Quotation I'd like a field which "accepts" the quote and a place for the signatory.
Is this a possible feature?

Also - as part of a Quotation I'd like to have a few lines to explain what the framing consists of

e.g "Map print adhered to perfect mountboard, non reflecting glass with spacemaker and wall buddie hangers"

Cheers
markw

Post by markw »

Cmaclean - we already have the ability to put info in the "other" section - you don't have a lot of room for lots of info. The board description can be defined quite well by defining it in the mount board section of options. More space at this point could be useful.

Why do you want the customer to sign the quote - A quote is a fixed offer to your customer - he can choose to accept - when you convert the quote to an invoice. The invoice is a legally binding document - you have agreed to do the work at a certain price - the customer accepting the invoice has accepted to pay the invoice amount. In my case I always firm up the deal by taking a deposit - preferably for the full amount. John has made this quote to invoice ability a lot easier in the last software update.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Campbell,

First make sure that you are running version 7.24 (or better).

Instead of using the quote as a framing docket, you can reprint it as a job in the normal way. If you double-click on your 'Quoted job' in the History screen it brings it into the main screen of the program. Printing this converts it from a quote to an actual job.

However, you could use the Message Lines (Options/Dockets) to print some descriptive text that your customer must sign, at the bottom of the docket.

In the 'Customer Data' screen you can enter 'Subject' and 'Remarks' for a Quote just the same as for a normal job.