What system requirements does EstLite need

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Nigel

What system requirements does EstLite need

Post by Nigel »

Hi
I'm trying out your demo version on my home computer and I think it is fantastic. I am thinking of putting it onto another computer to use when I start my workshop.
What operating sytem does it work on and what other requirments does it need.
Would it work on Windows 95?
By the way, this looks like a great forum. Nice to see one that isn't American.
Many thanks
Nigel
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

From the EstLite home page http://estlite.scenes.biz/
EstLite generates frame prices with a minimum of keystrokes, enabling you to focus on your customer's needs without fussing with the details of frame pricing. It is designed to be used at the point of sale by non-computer (even anti-computer) personnel and will run on Windows95/98/Me/XP or Windows 2000.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

With the recent features which have been added, EstLite seems to have become a bit resource hungry, so to be on the safe side you should probably have 128-256Mb of system memory if you intend running other applications concurrently. Not a problem for any modern computer, but some older machines might be short in the memory department.

It should work ok on W95 though you will probably find that the automatic web update feature will not work and you will have to download upgrades manually from our site.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who is successfully running the program with lesser amounts of memory.