Filters for Non Reflective Glass Etc. in Pre-view

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Mary Case GCF

Filters for Non Reflective Glass Etc. in Pre-view

Post by Mary Case GCF »

Hi John,

i haven't had much of a chance to fiddle with the Pre-view package, because the trial expired by the time i got down from university again.

but i seem to remember there not being a function which enabled you to show what an image would look like with non reflective glass etc.

is there any plans to include a filter based system that sort of "messes up" the image to replicate what happens as a result of say placing a piece of UV glass on a triple mounted item.?

also, how does it handle double mounts etc? i wasn't too sure on that one.

Cheers.

Grahame
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

There are no filters for the various glass types, I am not yet convinced that it is a worthwhile feature.

You can stack as many mounts as you like, the amount of undermount revealed is determined in Options

The program does not shut down after the trial period has expired, all of your frame and mounts can still be visualised.

However, you can get another trial period if you install the software on a 'new' computer.

(Membership in the forum is not doled out on a one per business basis Grahame, you can have your own identity separate from your mother's if you wish.)
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

John wrote:(Membership in the forum is not doled out on a one per business basis Grahame, you can have your own identity separate from your mother's if you wish.)
perhaps i will in time, but at the moment it's rather handy to have the forum ID saved :)

thank you for answering the question though, makes it clearer in my mind how we may need to adapt our practices to work with it.
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

to save starting a new topic.

John,

i've just purchased a Canon Ixus 900 Ti Digital Camera for myself off of ebay, and am unsure of the compatibility with Pre-View. A lot of the cameras listed on the website are now discontinued and unavailable for purchase.

hopefully, once i've got to grips with things myself i can persuade mother to fork out for Pre-view.

She's wanting it, its just she's waiting for the latest VAT bill and the anniversary to pass first of all, hoping to change her mind on that though.

Many Thanks

Grahame
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Nice camera Grahame, however this model can not be remotely controlled from the computer, so not ideal for Pre-View.

You will find a list of compatible cameras on the Pre-View website click here.
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

heh, not to worry, i was just wanting to check to see if it could be used, at the end of the day it was a purchase for myself, as i needed my own camera.
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

apologies for the double post,

Just been checking specifications on the canon website, the new powershot A640 supports remote capture.

and just checked with breeze systems, which i beleive is the piece of technology integrated in with Pre-view, and the newest version supports the A640
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

The A640 does support remote capture.

This is the feature required by any software that aims to control the camera's functions.

Pre-View does not use Breeze Systems to connect to the camera, but in some instances, if you already have that software and prefer to use it, Pre-View will let you do that.

Remember that the image produced by the camera is be only viewed on screen, so pixels beyond screen size are simply thrown away. Given the same lens and ccd quality, the on screen image produced by a 2Mb will be no different to that of a 10Mb camera.