Moulding question

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Tim
Organisation: Deepwell Framing
Interests: Photography, Growing it, Cooking it, Eating it. Sauvignon Blanc. Syrah.

Moulding question

Post by Tim »

Does anyone know whether the Lion moulding M144-74 is available with a deeper rebate from any other supplier? Ideally I need about 20mm, so anything similar looking (gunmetal/silver/black) would probably be acceptable.....
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery...
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Re: Moulding question

Post by kev@frames »

Lion claim the minerva mouldings are specially made for them, implying exclusivity, it looks like you need to look elsewhere or enquire at Lion.

If it doesn't have to be plastic: Look at wessex eg. MO 3637 which is a brushed silver (wood) 20mm deep maybe, and browse around from there, or wessex-frinton MO3641 gunmetal/pewter colour 23mm deep....
prospero

Re: Moulding question

Post by prospero »

It doesn't look wide enough to fix a blind extender on. The only way I can can think is to double it up with another frame fixed to the back. You would have to saw off the rebate on the back frame though. And getting two frames together back to back in perfect register is not as simple as it might appear.

Depending on how much is sticking out the back you could use RabbetSpace (from Lion - p49). Might do the trick as the moulding is reasonably wide. It ain't cheap for what it is.... Think the moulding is cheaper :?

Not fond of it myself but when the devil drives.... :shock:

btw. I will remove the dup post.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About