FOAM Board

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

FOAM Board

Post by DEEPJOY »

Hi All

Your thoughts on foam board quality, price and your experiences with it.

I am looking for a general all purpose 3 and 5mm foam board that is safe to use with materials (conversational), works well in a hot press and has a firm core that does not drag out when cutting.
I am not sure if I can ask this on the forum but here goes - best price and supplier please? You can always pm me.

Regards
Deepjoy
Roboframer

Re: FOAM Board

Post by Roboframer »

I use artcare foam board -the active protection stuff with zeolites but that's only in the surface paper, not the core - I wouldn't class any foam board as full conservation quality for use in direct contact with artwork, especially with the actual foam core in contact.

Dunno about dry mounting with heat, I don't do it, but it's OK with PMA - as for trade price - members only is the best place.
simoonez
Organisation: Dorset Framing
Interests: pasties

Re: FOAM Board

Post by simoonez »

I use Kapamount board. I don't know its conversational skills it hasn't said much.
But it is good quality, very firm and copes with my roller press. It has a layer of aluminium between the foam and the surface paper.
I use it for bonding to reproducible works so conservation doesn't come into it for me.
Worth a look for your purposes I think.

http://www.display.3acomposites.com/en/ ... mount.html

I don't know a price I just googled it, and I think it's hard to get in small quantities.