How to teach new staff how to use Morso

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Roboframer

Re: How to teach new staff how to use Morso

Post by Roboframer »

Welcome to the forum, Morso!
prospero wrote:unless you are very quick you can get a nasty bang on the shin. Not a serious injury it must be said, but one which you would rather not have all the same. Maybe some form of damper could be fitted?
This is known as Morso Rash.

I once had a spring go and for a short while (not) I had it running on one spring and a bungee fixed to a light fitting - this had quite a good dampening effect.

Would you recommend this :giggle:
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

Welcome to the forum MORSO - aka Claus Pedersen.

Good to see a supplier posting :clap:

I always remember your father telling me he could recognise a Morso user when he shook hands with them. The give away was the missing finger(s)

I suggest you add an avatar - and what would look great would be a picture of one of the original Morso machines - or a hand with a finger missing :giggle: - maybe not!
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
ratty
Organisation: John Howarth
Interests: Framing, Art

Post by ratty »

Hi Morso, :)

How about a strengthening piece fitted where the horizontal bar of the lever system connects to the sides of the machine that is at present, only connected to 1.5mm pressed steel? :(

Thinking something like a 50mm long x 100mm wide steel plate (so it goes around the radius at the back of the frame, as well as overlapping the fixing bolt and washer of the horizontal bar) welded or fitted somehow to the frame. :idea:

Strengthening factors could of course be worked out using CAD/CAM applications. :rock:

I'm sure this would not put much extra cost to the customer and would improve a weak point of the machine. :D
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

Morso how you doing, We hire alot of staff from recruitment agencies when we are busy for 2 to 3 days a week. and we show them how to use the morso using all the right safe guards and everything according to health and safety. Do you have like a guide to show staff how to use the morso step by step and how to use the measuring scales so they can make frames to sizes we give them? all according to different profile mouldings?