Morso Blades - Again (yes, sorry)

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
A Few More Words
Organisation: Fine Framers
Interests: Photography, Travel

Re: Morso Blades - Again (yes, sorry)

Post by A Few More Words »

Just a couple of points on getting the blades sharpened. We normally send 3-4 sets together to Lion.

We have also had good service from Lion over the years.....currently a standard sharpening for a set costs £ 20 .40 , and they also offer a more complex job when required to remove hills and chips from the blades.

Transporting them to / from Ireland is an issue but by choosing a courier that calculates charges by size rather than weight will work best. (can be quite a difference)
Also if you send the blades to Lion and then place a free carriage order with them , they will send your sharpened blades back with your order "free"
If you don't have wooden boxes to hold they blades, they can supply them.
Each blade set has a S/N , so keep keeping a record of them in / out / sharpened etc will help pinpoint if you have a troublesome set.

Cheers
Tom
Fine Framers
www.fineframers.com
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Just checking couriers - MyHermes seemed good cost wise until I see they don't ship sharp objects - do you think the blades fall into that category?
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

Not in a box they're not. Do you think they're going to open the box to check?
StevenG
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

I was maybe trying a little sarcasm with that last post. :) Joking aside though I'd still not risk it, it would be a very easy get out factor for any insurance claim I had if anything got damaged/lost during transport.

The saga continues.......(who needs Netflix)
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

Not worth worrying about insurance is it? If your alternative courier is £50 (half-remembered from another thread but it was rather painful), and myhermes will do it for a tenner, then if they get through without getting lost five times (and Hermes have never lost anything for me) then you'll be in profit.

Never, ever, pay for insurance for small sums like that. The money you don't spend on it will soon cover you for anything that does get lost. Likewise, insuring mobile phones, dishwashers and computers. The money you save will soon put you ahead.
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

Just a quick update - new blades arrived this morning, fitted and first cut was 100%. Based on this I think there may been good reason to believe my initial issue was (shock/horror) with the previous sharpening process.

Thanks for all the updates/advice :)
Arrie
Organisation: Frameitforyou
Interests: Enjoy my framing, biking and occasional golfing

Post by Arrie »

I am in Pretoria my request is basic can someone point me somewhere where i can hollow sharpen my morso blades? Surely we cant scrap the machine when the blades nee sharpening???
If you can help please phone or whatsup me on 0832572715 big please