Morso EH help please!

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Whitewater Gallery
Organisation: Whtewater Gallery
Interests: Surfing, sailing

Morso EH help please!

Post by Whitewater Gallery »

Our Morso EH has been working fine this morning and now suddenly will not make the 2 last cuts! I have checked and can not see any bits of moulding that are stopping it. Has anyone experienced this or even better know how to fix it!

It would only happen during a holiday week on one of our busiest days wouldn't it!! :twisted:
2016-06-02-11.07.46.jpg
2016-06-02-11.07.46.jpg (509.07 KiB) Viewed 5455 times
Whitewater Gallery

Re: Morso EH help please!

Any ideas at all? I have tried 2 engineers, both are on holiday! A sensor problem has been suggested, but not sure where I will find that but an about to give it a go. Wish I had the space to keep the old manual machine as a back up! :sweating:
Whitewater Gallery

Thanks to Claus at Morso Denmark we are back up and running, repositioning of a sensor - don't know how it moved I could hardly undo the locking bolt! :D
simoonez
Organisation: Dorset Framing
Interests: pasties

Post by simoonez »

Great news.
Sends a mild shiver of panic through me when someone's main machine goes down. Not sure what we'd do if our morso or underpinner gave up
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

lesson learn't, don't get rid of your manual morso. I gave up using the morso about 8 yrs ago when I bought my first saw. However i kept the morso and not used........ but I know it is there with sets of sharp blades just in case I ever need it.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

I am about to disassemble my Hanson and put it in the cellar with my other disassembled Hanson, my spare underpinner and my spare excalibur!
Whitewater Gallery

My problem is that I am already in the cellar! I have a spare manual underpinned in a corner in the kitchen and a Logan mount cutter behind the Excalibur 5000 but just had now space to keep the manual Morso, which is a shame as it would appear that there are still problems with one of the sensors. At least we got through the week, hopefully replacing the sensor will fix the problem.
Whitewater Gallery

5 years on and I have problems with the sensor again, it will not make the final cut. If anyone who knows anything about the Morso EH reads this on a Sunday a reminder as to how to adjust the sensor will be gratefully received as I have completely forgotten how I did it! :Slap: