Taurus 2KSM Underpinner

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Ducko
Organisation: Ducko's Custom Framing 2.0
Interests: custom framing

Taurus 2KSM Underpinner

Post by Ducko »

Hello everyone! I have recently purchased a Taurus 2KSM underpinner only to find out that it not only has been discontinued but the vnails as well. So can anyone tell me if there is a universal vnail that will work in it and where I can get them? Of course it says right on the machine that you're suppose to use only Taurus vnails. And they seem to have a little curve in them...so when I tried to use a vnail that I got from Wholesaleframesandart.com they get mangled a little bit and long usage cannot be good for the machine....any help would be greatly appreciated....

Don Strouf
Ducko's Custom Framing 2.0
Springfield, Oregon
541-747-4369
Timh
Organisation: kingswood frames and mirors
Interests: framing and framing history manufacture of mouldings and decorated frames

Re: Taurus 2KSM Underpinner

Post by Timh »

Hi Don
Lion Picture Framing Supplies used to have some wedges that would fit but they may have all gone
I too bought one of these machines quite a few years ago and it's now redundant as we bought a cassese

the other option we looked at was to change the shute so it would accommodate universal wedges.
this came out too costly but you may know someone who could help out
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: Taurus 2KSM Underpinner

Post by IFGL »

If you haven't already, you might want to ask in the grumble, mostly US frames on there, it is primarily UK framers on here, although you will still receive sterling advice :).