My first TROLL .....

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

My first TROLL .....

Post by Bagpuss »

Hi,
I've never had one before but I have had my first review by a Troll on Google Business, to be honest I have most of my reviews on Facebook, every now and then someone does one on Google, I only had 2 5star reviews, then a few days ago I had a 1star review saying I had no black frames and I had damaged one of their prints and they should have gone to IKEA ... : ( I've checked the name of the person who has posted it and they are not my EstLite system and apparently the Google username was setup the same day of the posting.

I will do a polite reply to it, I have asked Google to delete it but wont hold my breath, it's funny that anyone can post a review on Google without ever being a customer, at least with Facebook I can control it, I think ....

Has anyone else got/had a Troll ? : )
Adam/Bagpuss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: My first TROLL .....

Post by StevenG »

A framer with no black frames!!???? Anyway, that's awful news. I really don't understand why someone would do something like that :(

We had someone give us 3 stars though with a facebook review & I've no idea why as, like your story, he wasn't/isn't a customer! :?
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

Writing a review on the day you signed up shouldn't surprise anyone. Many customers who have a bad retail, traveling or dining experience will often join immediately following the lesser than expected experience simply to retaliate! Even if the poor experience was REAL or PERCEIVED. :Slap:

In your case, this person either slipped through the cracks, or didn't even patronize your business, but simply has you mistaken for another shop? You mention that they were not in the your POS system, means that they probably didn't even leave the order with you? I'm wondering if this was a customer who did a quick look around, didn't find what they thought they required, didn't speak with anyone, and huffed out of your shop? Hard to say....

But some people put too much credibility on reviews and don't know how to properly read them. Intelligent shoppers can typically discern when a savvy shopper is writing a valid review...they give references to previous experiences, and details, and don't simply vent for the sake of venting, as is the case with most naive shoppers who may have walked into your shop in a fowl mood to start. :roll:

You mentioned a professional and high road response to the posting, which is the most appropriate thing to do. Then simply let the post age and disappear. Having it deleted is difficult, time consuming and generates angst in you at the same time....move on! :head:

Best Regards,

John
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog
prospero

Post by prospero »

It was meeeeee.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

Your fat, ugly and smell like pee....Your second Troll, now you have become desensitizised :)