minigraf 3 underpinner

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
mick1070
Organisation: Army
Interests: Conservation Framing

minigraf 3 underpinner

Post by mick1070 »

Hi Guys and Girls,

I currently use a foot operated imnes 2 underpinner, I don't due a huge amount of framing but would still like to upgrade to pneumatic machine. I have the chance to buy a minigraf 3 but have not used or seen one, could anyone on here give me some advice or information on the machine, i.e. good or bad.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Mark Thornton
Organisation: Underpinner Spares
Interests: Red wine - lots and lots of it.

Re: minigraf 3 underpinner

Post by Mark Thornton »

They are sturdy reliable little machines, simple to operate (half push down on the foot pedal to clamp the moulding then fully push down the pedal to fire a wedge) just ensure if you buy the machine that it has all the wedge blocks for the different sized wedges you may be using as new blocks are approx £55 each.

If possible ask for a demo before you buy and take some of your own moulding samples to try on it, also don't forget to budget for a decent compressor as the cheaper ones are noisy as hell so go for a brand like the Bambi (nearly) silent range.

Mark
https://www.underpinner-spares.co.uk Framing equipment spare parts - Easy online ordering
mick1070
Organisation: Army
Interests: Conservation Framing

Re: minigraf 3 underpinner

Post by mick1070 »

Mark,

Thank you, it sounds just what I am after. I also appreciate the extra information about the wedge blocks.

Regards