Exhibition Photographs

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
cebrooker
Organisation: Blunty's Mill B&B
Interests: Sport, signature collection, looking to start framing.

Exhibition Photographs

Post by cebrooker »

Hello all,

I have just completed mounting about 130 photographs for our local photography club. I T hinge mounted everything to the window mount as they requested no backing board (to save money, we are in Scotland after all!!!). I am hoping to get the job next year too.

One member who I know quite well asked me to put backing boards on his photos and I have been told by everyone that backing boards will be used next year. The photos are 15x10 with a 20x15 mount. My ATG tape had come unstuck on one of the edges of the backing board prints. Does anyone have any suggestions for something a bit more adhesive that will A) not cost the earth and B) endure a building that is as hot as hell 90% of the time and freezing for the other 10%!

Thanks,

Charles
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: Exhibition Photographs

Post by StevenG »

Sounds like nothing a few dabs of PVA won't cure :)
prospero

Post by prospero »

AT tape is really only suitable for temporary tacking IMHO. Which is handy because you can separate it
easily. Like all pressure-sensitive tapes it needs pressure to make a good bond. The clue's in the name. :P
I use rolls of finger-lift tape for anything permanent. It's easier to rub down hard.

Dots of PVA is the best. But I avoid this if poss. I am wary of liquids near mounts. I always seem to get it all over. :?
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
cebrooker
Organisation: Blunty's Mill B&B
Interests: Sport, signature collection, looking to start framing.

Post by cebrooker »

Thanks folks.

I shall have a go with each and see how they sit over the next few months ready for next year!