System 4000 turret assembly

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Mark-ND framing
Organisation: Naughty Dog Creative Framing
Interests: Picture Framing. Photography. Graphics

System 4000 turret assembly

Post by Mark-ND framing »

Hi all, I am hoping you might be able to help. I need a replacement turret assembly for a Keencut system 4000. Do you know of anybody that might be able to help? I have tried Keencut with no luck?

Thanks,
Mark.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: System 4000 turret assembly

Post by Not your average framer »

What has happened to your turrent assembly? I would have thought that there is not much that can go wrong with it that can't be fixed. The ball race is a standard off the shelf part and all the screws that hold it together are standard sizes. I can't think of anything that can wear out that can't be fixed, or be replaced.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Mark-ND framing

I have inherited it and subsiquently sold it on not knowing that this part was missing and I want to send on to the new owner as I wasn't aware. I use a 5000 so it was surpless to requirements. Thanks for the advice though.

Cheers,
Mark.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I think that that's the end of the road, even if you could get the manufacturing drawings from Keencut (which probably is possible - they are nice people), the turret is made up of a number of parts and to be realistic the current value of a system 4000 is likely to be less than getting these parts manufactured as one offs.

You might be able to sell some of the parts of your machine as spares, but I don't know if you would get any takers as these machines are pretty much unbreakable and don't usually need any replacement parts ever.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Mark-ND framing

Blimey, I thought that might be the case. No problem, the top MDF cutter works so if that's no use to him I guess a refund for him and a trip to the local tip for me!!

Thanks for you advice.

Mark.
prospero

Post by prospero »

:D Might be worth listing it on EBay. As a board-only cutter it would maybe be of use to somebody.

(Collection only :giggle: )
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Mark-ND framing

:lol: :lol: :lol: I sold it on ebay already, that's how I got into this mess!!!! I inherited it when I bought a shop and as I was already using a 5000 I didn't look at it closely enough...lesson learned. :? :?