CS 4008xl

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Bracken643
Organisation: Bracken framing
Interests: Rugby,golf, framing, reading

CS 4008xl

Post by Bracken643 »

Hi all just got my hands on one of these babies but got a few questions. It came with a manual but on starting it up a message comes up saying " please replace with a new battery" so I assume it needs a new battery but what one and where is it . Nothing in the manual that helps anyone got any thoughts.

Yours expectantly
silvercleave
Organisation: thought I was
Interests: Working to put food on table

Re: CS 4008xl

Post by silvercleave »

Is it like certain machines that have a build in battery which can go flat if not used for a long period of time??

I would suggest that you open various parts of the underpinner after switching off and disconnection from the mains first, it must be easy to find I would have thought.

Wasn't the XL large enough for you??
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Is this machine brand new? If so, the battery may be shipped in the little box with the allen keys, hard and soft pressure pads and spare hammer. Years ago I bought a new CS-79 and this was where they put the battery. Not the same machine, but at least it's somewhere to start!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

NYAF.
The CS79 is a pure manual underpinner and as far as I know does NOT come with a battery.
Unless of course yours was a custom model.
John GCF