Excalibur 5000 clamp

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
marble matt
Organisation: tbc
Interests: Picture framing , printing , manip

Excalibur 5000 clamp

Post by marble matt »

Hello there, Looking for some advice for my new acquisition I've purchased a used Excalibur 5000 and one thing I have noticed now that it has been re assembled is the main clamp when pushed forward is not particulary close to the main flat sections of the machine, even fully forward there is a 3/16 to 1/4" gap, certainlly enough to slide in 2 or 3 layers of standard mountboard without it actually holding them in place.
What am I missing? should there be large flat feeder boards behind on both sides perhaps.

I have read the manual regarding various pressures that can be applied for different boards/glass but it seems to be still far away.

thanks all, regards Alan
marble matt
Organisation: tbc
Interests: Picture framing , printing , manip

Re: Excalibur 5000 clamp

Post by marble matt »

I found the solution for this clamp issue, and in case someone has a similar problem ill put it here, During transit the clamp may have moved up and back, so it only needed pulled down vertically to click it back into place and now it will hold boards secure as it should.

A big thanks to Andy at Keencut, who diagnosed and solved the problem within seconds over the phone, suberb. :D