Morso notch

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Morso notch

Post by Ed209 »

Can somebody please tell me what causes this, did my first blade change recently, can see or feel anything obvious on blades. Not noticed it before until doing this small unfinished mouldingImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prospero

Re: Morso notch

Post by prospero »

Sometimes you get that if the rebate supports are not set just right, but that looks pretty extreme.
I should take the blades off and refit them. They may not be seated correctly. Make sure there are no bits
between the blade and block and you have tightened the bolts in the correct sequence.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

Is there anything wrong with the piece on the left (as we look at it)?

If not, then was the piece on the right at the end of the moulding? If so then it just looks to me as though you made a mistake when cutting the first mitred end off and the moulding slipped leftwards (on the Morso) a little.
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

I can't work out how the blades can cut like that, sorry looks more like operator error, looks like the moulding moved when cutting, or the rebate support is set too high or low, causing a split in the moulding, both cases
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Post by Ed209 »

Yes very peculiar when I checked the other lengths I cut 8 in total was making two frames the same, some had the notch caused by both L & R cut.
Took of blades and refitted by the Morso instruction manual, Re moved cleaned and refitted rebate supports.
All now seems Ok even managed to save mouldings already cut with a fine re trim.
Guess it was moving slightly probably by incorrect guide adjustment on my behalf although I was holding firmly up to the length guide
Thanks for reply's, I am going on the Wessex week picture framing course next week, so will hopefully learn technique