Trying to find a discontinued moulding

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Trying to find a discontinued moulding

Post by Rainbow »

A while ago I framed several pictures for a customer using Frinton's 4119, which is bright silver foil (has the appearance of chrome) in a wavy design. The attached image looks much darker than it actually is.
M04119 3_4.jpg
M04119 3_4.jpg (3.55 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
Now the customer wants another couple of pictures with the same moulding, but it's been discontinued. Although I've got enough stock for these two new pictures, does anyone know another manufacturer who sells this design so that I can source the same moulding elsewhere for the future? Thanks.
Rainbow

Re: Trying to find a discontinued moulding

Post by Rainbow »

The customer is really disappointed that the above moulding has been discontinued and I've been trying to find a similar replacement but without success. It needs to be very bright silver, ie chrome-looking. I've looked at all the web sites I can think of, got a few likely-looking samples, but they're not bright/shiny enough. Has anyone got any suggestions for a chrome-looking very bright foil-wrapped moulding, around 1" (25mm) wide?
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Silly question, have you asked Frinton if they have any knocking around, a while back, I required some moulding just to a 50x30cm, computer said it was out of stock, when I said only wanted enough for the frame, they had a look in the bay in the warehouse and there was enough to do the job.
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

No such luck, I'm afraid Steve :(