Valiani Pro-i 150 (Manual Pneumatic Machine)

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
james1967
Organisation: James Saligari Photography
Interests: Photography and Framing

Valiani Pro-i 150 (Manual Pneumatic Machine)

Post by james1967 »

Hi
I recently bought a Valiant Pro 150 Mat Cutter and during transportation the various measurement rulers moved. I cannot find detailed information online or in the manual that shows how to set these up. Does anyone out there have one or knowledge of these machines that could help me out?
Many thanks

james
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: Valiani Pro-i 150 (Manual Pneumatic Machine)

Post by Steve N »

I would say cut a blank of card around 50x50cm, mark the top 'TOP' now you know which way up it is, now set all the stops for 20cm, cut the window, now measure the borders.
If the left border is not right, adjust the rule, so if it's 4mm under, move the rule 4mm to the left , do the same for all the borders, if the measurement is over , mover the ruler the other way.
Now using the same bit of card, set the stops for say 18cm, cut a window and remeasure the borders, hopefully they should be spot on, if not make adjustments
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
kuduframes
Organisation: Kudu Frames
Interests: Art, photography

Post by kuduframes »

I have the Matpro 120 and experience the same problem with the rulers moving out of calibration. I'm not so sure transportation is the problem, it tends to happen gradually with use and I've never found a permanent or easy way of securing the rulers, tried tape, glue, bits of mount board and various other means of trying to stop them moving but to no avail. All is well until suddenly you realise a mount doesn't quite look right. Then you check and find its out by a few millimetres!
Steve has covered the re-calibration process pretty well.
It will be interesting to see if anyone has a proper solution.
james1967
Organisation: James Saligari Photography
Interests: Photography and Framing

Post by james1967 »

Thanks for the advice, I have managed to get it calibrated correctly - though the position of the rulers still baffles me.
Regards
james