Cs940

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
belmontfa
Organisation: Belmont Fine Arts
Interests: Walking my dog, holidays, diy, reading, painting.

Cs940

Post by belmontfa »

Hi I'm thinking about getting a cs940, does anyone have one? And would like to share what they think about it? Good and bad? I'm keeping my morso as I think it will be quicker for some jobs but the additional size that I would be able to cut with the saw along with speed on larger mouldings are what are attracting me to the 940. Your comments would be much appreciated.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Cs940

Post by Not your average framer »

Before Exeter framer retired, she was a good friend who I had a lot of contact with and although she used an electric mitre saw, she later added a mitre guillotine for the same reasons as you have suggested. I would also suggest that a morso is a good back up in the event of an emergency. You will still have the option to sell the morso at a later date if you change your mind and secondhand morsos are always in demand, so I don't expect you to lose out, if you keep it for the time being.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer