FrameTek Frame Space

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

FrameTek Frame Space

Post by Ed209 »

Has anyone used these FrameTek Frame Spacers before? They clip on the glass. I have five original UK Quad cinema posters to frame and thought they sound a good idea I know you cant use the Econspacers as its too long a run and they could spring

https://frametek.com/products/framespace/

Also any info and suggestions in general would be very much appreciated on framing the posters, they are worth approx £80 each so they don't want them bonded to a board.

I guess its already been covered on this forum quite a few times but there may be some update of materials and technique available now.

Thanks Paul
Attachments
FrameSpace.jpg
FrameSpace.jpg (148.11 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
kuduframes
Organisation: Kudu Frames
Interests: Art, photography

Re: FrameTek Frame Space

Post by kuduframes »

Hi Paul, I never used the Frametek spacers although I did buy a sample pack from Lion quite a while back, it just feels a bit too flimsy so I never tried it and tend to make my own spacers.
I do use the shallow (3 mm) econospace and have never had a problem with it coming out, it would normally be stuck to the glass under the rebate and I cannot see it becoming unstuck very easily, in fact its difficult to remove even after first sticking it down.
I see your problem as being how do you keep the poster anywhere near flat without a window mount or some other form of mounting. The econospace is only a couple of millimetres wide and will work up against a mount board but you cannot rely on that to hold the poster.