48MM deep tray profile

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
louisesimon
Organisation: Peckham Pictures (closed)
Interests: Framing, Art, Photography

48MM deep tray profile

Post by louisesimon »

I'm looking for a obeche tray profile which is 10mm on the face and 48mm deep on the outside. Annoyingly it's to match a frame I made a year or so ago but no idea where I got the moulding from or if I adapted an existing. Of course it was a job where very few notes were made at the time :head:
louisesimon
Organisation: Peckham Pictures (closed)
Interests: Framing, Art, Photography

Re: 48MM deep tray profile

Post by louisesimon »

Its like R&H A254 but deeper.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

How about R & H fillet spacer F8 for the outer part, with R & H sub frame profile to fit inside and form the back of the tray? It's not exact for size, but it's pretty close. The outside will be 47mm x 12mm and I hope that this will fit the bill. You've even got an easily place to screw the back in place after you have added some glue between the two mouldings.

Actually, that quite a neat way to fabricate canvas tray moulding, so it's probably one that's worth remembering.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
kartoffelngeist
Organisation: Rosie's Framers and Crafts
Interests: Framing, mental health, martial arts

Post by kartoffelngeist »

I've had some in that size in black.

Got it from FW Holroyds cheap as they were going to discontinue it. Not sure if they've replaced it with a similar one. Worth giving them a call (they're very helpful, but their website is useless).
Thanks,

andrew
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them in to the impossible."
Etsy
Facebook
Twitter