Morso UPM underpinner leaking

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
connor maguire
Organisation: www.connormaguire.com
Interests: Painting,drawing,framing,kitesurfing

Morso UPM underpinner leaking

Post by connor maguire »

Hi
I have an old Morso UPM Underpinner. Has served me well for years but in the past few months it just started to leak. Its hard to pinpoint the area where it actually is leaking from as its so slow but believe it is coming from the main shaft/piston that moves into the cylinder when compressed.It loses pressure after a while and I have taken it apart where one of the rings did have some damage to it. I tried to substitute it with something of a similar size but cant say I got the same O ring that Morso use.

The Morso supplier from Dan List in denmark says a full set of O rings costs 25 euros and delivery is 35 euros which is outrageous if you ask me paying a total of 60 euros for something that should only be a few pounds. I will spend the money on it if I have no other option but before I do i was just wondering if any other experienced framers out there are familiar with this issue and how they resolved it.

many thanks
Connor Maguire
www.connormaguire.com
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Re: Morso UPM underpinner leaking

Post by David McCormack »

Welcome to the forum :D I can't offer any help here but this old post mentions O rings for your underpinner. He mentions the cost as being less than a couple of pounds and that he contacted Framers Equipment and Neil Stout. Good luck :D

Framers Equipment
Neil Stout (see details on last post)
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
connor maguire
Organisation: www.connormaguire.com
Interests: Painting,drawing,framing,kitesurfing

Re: Morso UPM underpinner leaking

Post by connor maguire »

Cheers Neil.Thanks for the share of that post:) Just off the phone earlier talking to Framers equipment after posting this message. Yes, the O rings are priced about the same but at least the postage is going to be cheaper @ approx £10. Just wanted to throw the question out there with anyone else with a similar issue with fluid leaking and if they did something else that solved the problem. I'll order the O rings Neil.

Cheers
Connor