Morso advice

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Daveyo
Organisation: Market frames
Interests: Walking

Morso advice

Post by Daveyo »

I've been offered a morso and have no knowledge really of these machines... it's in pretty good order but the scale seems different to the others I've seen ....
Now it seems like like it's embedded into the cast on the machine? Will this turn out to be pain and should I look for the f model?
I've read the articles on what to look out for but not a lot on if some models are easier to use etc?
The guy used it as a hobbyist but I will be a bit more production based on the bespoke framing side...it's hot two sets of blades and I believe he bought it in 1978... ( he gentleman is now deceased so info is a little bit basic from his son)
Your advice is much appreciated.
Dave
prospero

Re: Morso advice

Post by prospero »

Welcome to the Forum Dave. :D

Morsos are not complicated. The main thing is to keep your fingers out of the way. :roll:

If it works smoothly and there are no signs of serious damage you can buy with confidence. They are very hardy machines and
it takes a lot to knacker them completely. You can usually tell how much work they have done by looking at the pedal pivot holes.
If they are very elongated them it's had a hard life.

As for the measuring scales, there have been various versions but it's not rocket science once you figure it out. You just have to
remember that each piece you mitre has two ends. :wink:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Daveyo

Post by Daveyo »

Thanks for that.
The song trying to work out a price but I think it won't be a bad buy...
Prepare for more daft questions... d
Daveyo

Post by Daveyo »

Yes actually also got a bench mounted morso underpinner.... any thoughts on that?
Not seen one before..
Looks in good nick as fat as I can tell...
Dave