Casesse 810

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Daveyo
Organisation: Market frames
Interests: Walking

Casesse 810

Post by Daveyo »

I know they are an old machine but just sourced one and wondering if theres anything I should know?
Ive not seen the machine yet but its that or the cs89... but a big difference in price I suspect....
Im guessing parts more difficult to aquire for the 810?
Once again your help is in valuable.
Dave
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Casesse 810

Post by Not your average framer »

There's a lot of moving parts in an underpinner and as a result an underpinner is often the most complex items of machinery in a framers workshop, Therefore if you are thinking about buying an older machine, which is no longer supported for spare parts, you cannot be sure that the machine can be returned to operational condition, if the wrong thing goes wrong part needs replacing.

I noticed on another thread that you are looking for an underpinner to produce 60 to 70 frames per week. So whatever you buy will have to take a bit of a hammering over time and also needs to be easily fixed if a problem comes along. I'm not sure that this machine can be expected to satisfy these requirements. I would be careful not to rush into choosing the right underpinner for your budget and your needs.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer